You have to be logged in as an admin level user (or have edit rights to the campaign) to be able to add Geo and Language filters.
From the homepage,
- Click on the Campaign in which Language filters are required
- Click on the
- Choose the required language and click Add. You can choose from 53 languages. Multiple language filters can be added.
No geolocation filters mean results for all locations are being collected. It also includes results for which there is no location data available. Available filters include country and country/region (States for US and Provinces for Canada).
By choosing a filter you limit results to those filters, e.g. USA, UK, Canada will only include results that have location that matches those three countries. Data with no location info will still be included.
Strict Geolocation Filtering: This is an optional setting that ONLY includes data for which the location explicitly matches your location filters. Everything else is excluded, including data without any location information.
- From the Homepage, Click "Manage Campaigns"
- Click on the Campaign in which you want to add Geo Filters
- Country & Region
- You can add/edit these filters any time during the campaign. Multiple language and geo filters can be added.
If you are only interested in getting results in English language from US and Canada you will set the Language filter to English and Geo Filter to US and Canada
You can read a detailed blog post about location and geo filtering here: http://www.mutualmind.com/blog/2013/04/language-and-location-filters-for-social-listening